Monday 17 November 2008

Completion and faliure


To start with a sad note, my short story entry for the Aesthetic Magasine Open Competition did not win the grand prize of £500. I feel reassured that a short story involving a murder by buffet may not be in keeping stylistically with their artistic goals and henceforth remove itself from the running with its content, but still - my first attempt and they don't even give me half a grand to keep me motivated. Anyway, I thought it was good, so I think I will get rid of the two-thousand word limit they forcibly imposed and expand it a bit for some other sinister purpose.

On a cheerier note, I have managed to finish Dead Space and Prison Break series one, the former after a couple of weeks solid play and the latter after about 9 months of sporadic watching. Both were pleasing, although I have heard Prison Break goes down the toilet (nudge nudge) after series one - if anyone knows any different please let me know.

I can't help notice that no-one has signed up as a 'Follower' as demonstrated by the lack of names/big fat zero on the left, therefore the first person who sign up and shows their dedication to my cause will get a glowing review of themselves on this very blog, full of interesting facts, comedy anecdotes and erotic imagery.

Also, Dead Space has now been replaced by Call Of Duty - World at War, follow up to Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, although this one has gone back into World War 2. There are the Yanks versus the Japs, the swarthy Ruskies vs the sinister Nazis, and now an even greater battle of me versus my top boss at work who plays it quite regularly. Although not regularly enough to stop me from shanking him in the guts and watching his weak oriental corpse bleed out all over my U.S. Army Issue boots. Next stop, Iwo Jima.

2 comments:

geminidave said...

Brocheese! You know i'd heard you talk of Flameface before but never quite grasped what it was to be perfectly honest. Now thanks to the wonder of Sam Bacons blog i find my way to thee!

Warcraft is a console game for people who can't face reality - i need some of this sweet sweet non-MMORPG gameage!

geminidave said...

o and condolences on the short story. Damn hypocrites, they wouldnt know a good buffet murder story if something smashed them over the head with a canope. And then ate the evidence.