Tuesday 6 January 2009

Neglect


Happy New Year all, 2009 is now upon us and it is hellishly cold all around. Many a pedestrian has sniggered or, more unsettlingly, just blankly watched as my bike's back tire loses all its grip and I come inches away from careening under an oncoming juggernaut. So far, however, so good, and apart from the occasional skid I am still happy cycling around with my red scally gloves and what I can only describe as a snood.

Christmas was a winner, highlights being the general debauchery of food and drink and having my eyes opened to Guitar Hero World Tour (Deathlehem lives), and New Year's Eve was spent indoors but was highly enjoyable although the alcohol-induced vomiting that heralded in 2009 sets a damning precedent.

Finally, my shame and apologies for not updating this blog more often, something I will attempt to remedy in '09 y'all. I must place a large amount of blame on the computer games industry for creating such wonders as Call of Duty: World at War and my new obsession of Fallout 3, which is a dream game that calls to me as I work, wash dishes, or write gibberish on the internet. What, what's that you say, you need me to come downstairs and finish you off? Soon my darling, soon. Only when I have completed it will I be able to take a step back and move onto something else, although that is likely to be plugging the internet back in and getting up to speed on Call of Duty again. So it appears the weak link in the chain is my willpower, which could be something to do with the time of year; the cold, dark nights always remind me of when my father left my mother the winter I was born - I'm a S.A.D bastard. Absolutely pathetic jokes aside, must try harder this year.

Oh, and thank you, housemate Jane, for being the first person to add me. In her honour I snuck into her room last night when she had taken both her glass eyes out for a polishing and took her graduation picture from her mantleplace (taking care not to knock her Diana commemorative plate from its bejewelled stand), and you can see it displayed above. I can't remember exactly where she said she went to university, just that it had great weather and they spent a lot of time smoking opiates and watching the Two Towers on video. I will buy you it on DVD so you can bin that old VHS copy, it's such bad quality that I can't even make out Gimli's helmet, and it cuts to you being interviewed (or some kind of drama monologue) halfway through which totally ruins the defence of Helms Deep. Anyway, big love.

1 comment:

SammyB said...

Big Dog!
Great to read another wonderful post from you mate, i'd been hoping you'd start up soon again.

I get my first paycheck this week, it's probably a bit too soon to splash out the $60 needed for fallout3 (3months of unemployed creates debts that I'm not sure jill would be happy I overlook for a game) but as soon as I can get it that game is mine.

I believe I owe you an email, which I shall do my best to write this week.

Oh and the guitar hero world edition festivities looked amazing! Just wish I could have been there..

Love ya man,
Sam=)