Wednesday 3 June 2009

Back in business

Well after a hefty series of technical problems with my aging but still roadworthy PC I have managed to get back access to the Internet.

In classic computer irony, as I faced up to another (having had a problem earlier this month) thirty minute call to the Sky Broadband help desk and sat through the Scottish hold music, replete with occasional handy advice about the wonders of Sky, I decided it was wise to try and connect so the error screen was in front of my when I spoke to the help desk, who was genuinely helpful last time. After running the EXACT same processes as last time, I simultaneously connect to the internet and the smooth Scottish voice of the help desk. I did the natural thing and hung up immediately (help desk man would have wanted it that way, and I saved us both from a bumbling "oh there was a problem but I have sorted it now" curtesy conversation), and after satisfying my sexually-deranged urges that had been building since my net access was taken away, I have come to post on here.

That is dedication.

Further unwanted information to follow promptly.

No comments: